Your software does not install on my E-Series handset or branded device, and reports a Certificate Error! Why?
While TALKS&ZOOMS for Symbian itself is certified, and thus can be installed on any supported handset, the installers for the TTS engines (Eloquence or Vocalizer for Mobile) are not signed. E-Series handsets and some branded devices only accept the installation of signed software, unless you turn of the corresponding option inside the Application Manager:
- Open the phone menu.
- Open the App. Manager inside the Tools folder
- Press “Options”, then select “Settings”.
- Set “Software Installation” from “Signed only” to “All”.
- Press “Back” to close the Settings dialogue, then “Exit” to close the App. Manager.
- Now, you can install the TTS engine.
Another reason could be that the date on your phone is not set correctly – as Symbian apps need to be digitally signed, SIS files can only be installed if the phone is set to a valid date.